Pistol Pete here. It's been a long time since I reported on my agility training. I have no excuse, really. Maybe writer's block, maybe laziness, maybe because I am stuck on the weaving poles. This is one skill I struggle with learning.
This is how my trainer/master is training me on the weaving poles.
She places three vertical poles approximately 10 inches apart in a line. Than places another pole parallel to each pole in the line. This causes a tunnel. She then encourages me to go through the tunnel, which I do not have a problem if the tunnel is approximately a foot wide.
The key is to keep making the poles closer and the tunnel more narrow so I can go through them without hesitation.
When she moved them closer, I would not go through. We still have to work on this.
Another technique she will try is setting all poles in a straight line and guiding me to weave them. This might work for me. Stay tuned for an update.
That is an update on my agility training. It's summer, and it's hot, which means more time in the house. I have also gone to doggy camp. Still not big on doggy camp because it means I am away from my master.
Just a little update on what else I've been doing this summer. I went to camp, I was placed in time-out. They say I am a good dog, but get riled up with other dogs and bark too much, so I get 30-minute breaks for alone time. I am a teenager, so I am trying to find my identity and sometimes I misbehave. I will learn. When I stayed overnight, I got so stressed I had to get an anxiety pill. I am still young so maybe someday I be okay being away from home.
FYI...my master working on new platform where I might be part of. A place for writers to connect and collaborate. Even ability to purchase books which she has written. Stay tuned for more updates on that.....it too is a work in progress.

No comments:
Post a Comment